cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup LotusNotes databases using user-defined selections

Armin_Hennecke
Level 4
Hi,
when using a user-defined selection like \\1.2.3.4\D$ I can see the files in this partition. But I don't see the Notes databases though the Notes Agent is installed. Is it possible to use this agent with user-defined selections?
We are using Veritas 10.1 Rev 5629.

Many greetings, Armin
7 REPLIES 7

Deepali_Badave
Level 6
Employee
Hello,

Have you also installed the remote agent on the lotus server?

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.

Armin_Hennecke
Level 4
Yes, I did. And I can see the databases when using Remote Selections with the Microsoft Windows Network computer name. So I think the agent will be ok.
But in this case I have to use User-defined Selections.

Greeting, Armin

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
Just out of curiosity,

Why do you need to use UserDefinedShares rather than just browsing to it in the Selection List?

Armin_Hennecke
Level 4
Because I want to use a second networking-adapter (is this the correct word?) which I can't see in the selection list. So I have to use its ip-adress.

Greetings, Armin

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
Have you tried the "Use Specified Network" option on the job desription?

Armin_Hennecke
Level 4
No, I didn't because there's only one networking card installed in the media server.

The background for my problems is the following: We are using two network-technologies, ethernet and tokenring. These segments are connected via a router. The Notes-server uses tokenring, the media-server uses ethernet. The data has to pass the router and the backup becomes very slow. My idea is to activate the onbard ethernet at the Notes-server to backup the Notes-databases bypassing the router. But I'm afraid getting problems with WINS when installing two networking card under the same computer name. So I would like to use user-defined selections.

Gr3eeting, Armin

padmaja_rajopad
Level 6
Hi,

User defined selection using IP Address wont display the databases.

User defined selection using the NETBIOS name alone will enable you to see the Lotus databases.

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.