cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

need a solution

kamran_haider
Level 3
dear,
i have sybase SQL database and shared user folder in a same machine.and MS SQL database in my remote office and please tell me the solution and tell me how many remote agent and backupexec media server is required.
thankyou.
2 REPLIES 2

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
See the response to your other post for Sybase

For each machine that will "own" a backup device, you will need one BackupExec base serial. For each non media server ServerOS machine, you will need one RemoteAgent serial. If the Remote server has MSSQL on it, you will need one MSSQL serial (which includes a RemoteAgent license)

So if you will have one media server at you main office and if it will be on the Sybase Server , and no media server at the remote office, you will need

1 BackupExec base serial
1 MSSQL serial

If you want the media server not on the Sybase server, add one RemoteAgent serial You probably will not be happy with backup speeds across a WAN (remember that T1 is only 1.5 Mb/sec (that's small "b" - bits not bytes) and a T3 is only 54 Mb/sec

If you put a media server at the remote site you would need to add one base serial and remove one Remote Agent serialMessage was edited by:
Ken Putnam

padmaja_rajopad
Level 6
Hi,

Heres what you will need:

1 Base licence for media server

1- Remote Agent for the machine in remote office.

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.