cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Microsoft SQL fail

hai_dang_hong
Level 3

I'm running Symantec Backup Exec 2012 on Windows Server 2008 R2.

I backup vitual machine VMware daily (folder, Microsoft SQL)

I set up job to backup Microsoft SQL (2008 R2), Full backup on Saturday and Incremential on week days.

I run task FULL (Saturday) successfully, but task incre failure.

Error:

V-79-57334-867 - The last Full backup of database ... was not made by this application. Run a new Full backup. then run this job again.

Exceptions: V-79-57344-33960 - A log backup was attempted on database ReportServerTemDB that is not configured to support log backuos. To change the configuration, use the SQL administration tools to set the recovery mode to FUL. A new full backup should be performed if this setting is changed before a log backup is run.

Please help me to solve this problem!

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

pkh
   VIP    Certified

Error:

V-79-57334-867 - The last Full backup of database ... was not made by this application. Run a new Full backup. then run this job again.

For this problem, make sure that you are not running a VM backup between the full backup and the incremental backup.

Exceptions: V-79-57344-33960 - A log backup was attempted on database ReportServerTemDB that is not configured to support log backuos. To change the configuration, use the SQL administration tools to set the recovery mode to FUL. A new full backup should be performed if this setting is changed before a log backup is run.

The database ReportServerTemDB  does not maintain a log and thus you cannot do a log backup for this database.  For this problem, exclude the database ReportServerTemDB from your backup.  If you need to backup this database, then create another SQL backup job WITHOUT the incremental log backup and backup just this database.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

SuperBrain
Employee Accredited

You may find a solution in one of the below mentioned tecnotes:

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH45850

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH175766

pkh
   VIP    Certified

Error:

For this problem, make sure that you are not running a VM backup between the full backup and the incremental backup.

The database ReportServerTemDB  does not maintain a log and thus you cannot do a log backup for this database.  For this problem, exclude the database ReportServerTemDB from your backup.  If you need to backup this database, then create another SQL backup job WITHOUT the incremental log backup and backup just this database.

hai_dang_hong
Level 3

Hi pkh,

Everyday my customer use SQL 's Backup Tool to backup and export file .BAK.

So can I backup incremential with Symantec Backup Exec everyday?

Thanks!

pkh
   VIP    Certified

No.  This is not possible as the SQL Backup Tool will interfere with the BE backup sequence.  It is better to stick to one backup tool, in this case, BE.