cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Question

Burtguidry
Level 2

I have 3 backup jobs setup and running using version 15 but I have one problem. Everytime I add a folder or another drive it wants to add that to my backup jobs automatically. Is there a way to turn that function off? Thanks for any help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

pkh
   VIP    Certified

This is by design to ensure that your backup reflects the current state of your selection.

If you don't want any additions/deletions to be reflected in the next backup, select the items in the next lower level individually.  For example, you have folders B and C under folder A.  If you select folder A and add folder D under folder A or delete folder C, then these changes would be reflected in your next backup.  However, if you select folders B and C individual, then the addition folder D under folder A will not be included in your next backup.  If you delete folder C, your backup job will finish as incomplete and complain that folder C is not found.

Make sure you are aware of the consequences before changing your selection.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

pkh
   VIP    Certified

This is by design to ensure that your backup reflects the current state of your selection.

If you don't want any additions/deletions to be reflected in the next backup, select the items in the next lower level individually.  For example, you have folders B and C under folder A.  If you select folder A and add folder D under folder A or delete folder C, then these changes would be reflected in your next backup.  However, if you select folders B and C individual, then the addition folder D under folder A will not be included in your next backup.  If you delete folder C, your backup job will finish as incomplete and complain that folder C is not found.

Make sure you are aware of the consequences before changing your selection.

I do what you what you said but still if I add something to the lower folder it is still added to my backup. The other main problem is that when I plug in a new external hard for backup it adds that to my job which means I am backing up the backup. So if this the way the software works I will just have to add to my notes to make sure to check the backups for any new additions to the backup jobs before they are run. Thanks for the info.