cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Opinion About a one year Job Retention

rcunha
Level 4

Hello,

I need to configure a New Schedule in a Host, to retain some folders for 2 weeks and 1 year.

I configure like that, can you tell me if It is a good choise:

SCHEDULE_MONTH.JPG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Preferably call me out next time...all I said was that the way it was set up to retain data for a year was fine. Also backed up with enough disk space to enable you to backup data for that long was preferable as restores are, indeed, faster.

Thanks!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

CraigV

Hi,

That looks fine. If you have the disk space and if this meets auditing requirements, then there's nothing wrong with retaining your backups for longer.

Just 1 question: For your monthly backup, are you happy to have 4 monthly backups per month, because that's what that setting shows? Just check that out...

Thanks!

Hi,
I Upload the correct picture now.
It is like 2 Full backups (2 Weeks) and Incrementals (1 Week) and a Full backup on day 20 (1 Year).
What you think about it ? 

pkh
   VIP    Certified

Do remember that YOU, not other Forum users, are responsible for ensuring that adequate backups are keep.  Anybody can say that your retention scheme is fine, but if it proves to be inadequate then you are the one who is answerable to your company and not that person.

CraigV

Preferably call me out next time...all I said was that the way it was set up to retain data for a year was fine. Also backed up with enough disk space to enable you to backup data for that long was preferable as restores are, indeed, faster.

Thanks!