Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Rate very Low 1 virtual

Hansdev
Level 5

Hi,

I have recreated al of my jobs,

We al runniing windows server 2008 r2, on hyper V, so most ofm them are virtuals.

ALl my jobs are running properly but 1 one is having a very low rate (4,0 mb) all of my other jobs are running with 1400-1500!

THis machine also windows erver 2008 r2 X64, is running with 2048 mb. Lastest version of backupexec and also all of windows updates.

My machine is not in my domain, but has an ip adress in the same range, with also the same subnet.

On this machine is running my Edge of exchange,

i have changed the settings of my network interface (in the backupexec job) but unfortunatelly, it doenst help!

who has some advice?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi Hansdev,

Are you backing up the full VMs or just the data in them?

Are your switch ports and NICs on the server hard-coded to the fastest speed the NICs can handle? Are you running active virus scans during the backups? If so, stop them, or disable scanning BE's services and see what this does.

Where are you backing up too? NAS/iSCSI device/locally attached tape drive? What data etc...this all helps to assist with troubleshooting...

Also read the TN below and see if it helps understand why theoretical speeds aren't always seen in practice...

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH8326

Thanks!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

CraigV

Hi Hansdev,

Are you backing up the full VMs or just the data in them?

Are your switch ports and NICs on the server hard-coded to the fastest speed the NICs can handle? Are you running active virus scans during the backups? If so, stop them, or disable scanning BE's services and see what this does.

Where are you backing up too? NAS/iSCSI device/locally attached tape drive? What data etc...this all helps to assist with troubleshooting...

Also read the TN below and see if it helps understand why theoretical speeds aren't always seen in practice...

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH8326

Thanks!

Hansdev
Level 5

HI Im backing up the full virtual, incl data

Im running no virus scans at that time,

the switch is at full speed.

Im backing up to disk, after that to tape.

Before the recreating jobs proces i had no troubles with the speed of this server!

CraigV

...coming back to this a month later (!), but have you increased the amount of RAM available to the VM in case it is a memory problem? Have you tried to check the network speeds between that VM and the media server by copying files between them?

Hansdev
Level 5

solved! with solution marked!