cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup STILL Running

Not applicable
Backup exec still running backup since 5/13/05 and has not completed. Its scheduled for fridays at 11pm.

please advise what i should do.
6 REPLIES 6

Level 2
Have you check your alert log? Post what you have in the alerts, you might be out of tape space and it could be asking for a second tape.

Paul_Woolloff
Level 2
Yep I agree this sounds like out of tape space to me, it you decide to cancel the job it will cancel a lot faster it you put a tape it after you have clicked cancel

tejashree_Bhate
Level 6
Hello,

As mentioned earlier please check if there are any
media alerts.

Is it a local or a remote Backup?

Please also refer to the technote below.

(title)Reasons why the data throughput rate can be slower than the theoretical maximum when backing up to tape media

http://support.veritas.com/docs/231488

Please also stop any anti virus service during the backup.

Thanks,
NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.

Level 2
Does veritas require or "encourage" admin's to turn off virus software during backup runs?

Amruta_Purandar
Level 6
Hello,

There maybe instances when Backup Exec as well as the anitivirus software accesses the same files at the same time. This may cause conflicts. Hence it maybe required to stop the antivirus services.

Please update us on the status of the issue.

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked
assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.

Sheetal_Risbood
Level 6
As per our previous reply, marking the case as assumed answered and moving it to answered questions pool.