cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Succsessfull but not really - no data.

Agust
Level 5

Hi,

I have a backup job that should collect all files and folders of a drive on a 2008 Server running Lotus notes. When the job runs it says it was successfull but no files were backed up and just the first layer of the folders on the drive (what I mean is that it does not go recursively to all folders).

I would think that it was some sort of premission issue if the user used for the backup was not a Domain Admin (and in the local admin group).

I have done the registry thingy:

HKLM\Software\Symantec\Backup Exec for Windows\Backup Exec\Engine\DOMINO\
Enable Change Journal = 0 and Enable Notes Database Filtering = 0

and I deleted c:\Program Files\Symantec\Backup Exec\RAWS\logs and deleted NOTESDB*.UCJ

I dont know what this could be.

5 REPLIES 5

RahulG
Level 6
Employee

Its issue with the selection list . Make sure you have you selection properly done and you have selected the domito database under the lotus domio tab ...and not just selected the drive

Agust
Level 5

Hi,

the backup exec program freezes if I try selecting the domino database so I was hoping to take these files on file level. They are not the mail files so it should be okay.

Best Regards,
Agust.

RahulG
Level 6
Employee

Backup exec would by default skip those files refer the following document

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH73136

Agust
Level 5

The first fix implies that that backup exec can not backup files unless you go arount to every user and teatch him to open a database in a certain way. I do not even know how the database is opened and the mail databases are backed up without problem regardless of wether they are open or how they were opened.

The next fix implies that you should simply not use the system while backup is running and that is just prepostorus.

Neither of these fixes gives any hint of how to see the cause or how to fix it.

pkh
   VIP    Certified

What are the version of BE and Domino that you are using and what are the file extensions of the files that you are trying to back up?

AFE (Automatic File Exclusion) will automatically skip some Domino files from normal backups.