cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup To Disk Job Queued when using Iomega REV Drive

Paul_Read
Level 3
Hi all. Currently having a problem where the backup job goes to start and instantly changes to the 'queued' status. I am using an internal IDE Imoega Rev drive to backup to, using a backup to disk folder. I can access this drive fine through my computer etc and the backup was working fine prior to upgrading to V10. I have re-created the job, re-created backup to disk folder and still it doesnt work. Nothing appears to be paused in the Devices section. There are no .lck files in the B2D folders and I have tried renaming the two files config and changer that reside in the B2D folder and restarting the server, but still the job instantly changes to being Queued. Just for testing I have attempted a B2D locally and this works. As the Iomega is nothing more than another drive letter to BE, there are no device drivers so it doesn't appear I can even update these as its not detected as a device as such.

We are getting event ID 33808 in event viewer which says :

An error occurred while processing a B2D command.
Changer: Couldn't ReadFMTables/RecoverBKF (E:\VERITAS\B2D\B2D000039.bkf). Error=87

For more information, click the following link:
http://eventlookup.veritas.com/eventlookup/EventLookup.jhtml

Thanks

null
2 REPLIES 2

Shyam_Sundar
Level 6
Hello,

In the B2D properties, please select the option 'Buffered Reads' and then try running the Backup Job.

This checkbox should be activated if you do not want Backup Exec to auto-detect device settings and you know that your device allows buffered reads which is, the reading of large blocks of data.

Please write to us if the issue persists.

Additional Information :
For information on the recent VERITAS Backup Exec security vulnerabilities, including links to the downloads for the necessary hotfixes, please refer to the following document:
Patch summary for Security Advisories VX05-001, VX05-002, VX05-003, VX05-005, VX05-006, VX05-007

http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/277429.htm

Note : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked ‘assumed answered’ and would be moved to ‘answered questions’ pool.

Thanks.

Paul_Read
Level 3
Exxcellent! Problem solved, many thanks for your help :)