cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup exec 10 remote admin

Joseph_Behling
Level 2
I just upgraded to BE 10 and I reinstalled my remote admin and it is comming up as a evaluation copy. Do i have to put my licence key in my remote admin console also?
7 REPLIES 7

anoop_nair
Level 4
Hi,

The BE v9.1 remote agnet license will not work with Be v10.0. You need to get in touch with the sales team and get new serial numbers for the remote agent.

Joseph_Behling
Level 2
I have licenced my agents and options for 10 and I have typed in the keys on my media server. What I am refering to is the remote administration console not the web but the one that you can install when you run the setup program and deselect all but the remote admin option. The free one or atleast it use to be free.Message was edited by:

Matt_Cleminson
Level 2
would like to add to this thread if possible the additional lack of support for previous Versions within the remote admin tool - specifically 9.0 and 9.1

Is this resolved when the remote admin tool is activated/licensed? Or does the remote admin only support Version 10?

Mani_2
Level 6
Hello,

Perform the following to resolve the issue.

Remove the existing License Key(Make a note of all the License Keys before removing)

Recycle all BackupExec services

Re-enter all the License Keys and verify the results.

Hope this helps.

gaurav_seth
Level 6
Hello

In reference to our previous reply to your post, we would request you to update us on the progress. However, if we do not receive your intimation within two business days, this post would be assumed answered and archived.

Regards,
Gaurav

Madhuri_Shenoy
Level 6
As per our previous reply, marking the case as "assumed answered" and moving it to "answered questions" pool.

Joseph_Behling
Level 2
I had to call in to resolve the problem. I was told that is is a cosmetic error only and was being turned in for a bug fix.