cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup exec 2010 R3 and Exchange Mailbox Database

titicamara
Level 3

Hello everybody,

I'm facing a problem since two days. BE 2010 R3 cannot backup my exchange databases and it show this error:

7-7-2013 5-09-24 PM_0.png

After googling i've found a solution about installing a hotfix 180429 for BE 2010 R3. But nothing has changed.

Somebody help me please.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

titicamara
Level 3

hello,

my problem is resolved. It was the backup exec account that i've entered. After changing to the right account the backup job works.

Thank you guys.

Have nice day and god bless you

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

Check the "Details" view of your selection list which shows the actual list of selections in text form as you may have something in there that does not exist

Jaydeep_S
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

1. Confirm if all the databases seen in the BE selection list are are mounted. If there are any databases created for any reason such as testing and are not mounted, please remove them from the backup selection list and then try the job.

2. Verify of the Backup Exec account has an 'Organization Management' role granted.

3. In job properties --> Exchange Tab, set to backup from the Active Copy and see if that works.

4. If nothing works, try to re-create this job and try a backup again.

ZeRoC00L
Level 6
Partner Accredited

What is your Exchange version, and did it work in the past ?

titicamara
Level 3

hello,

my problem is resolved. It was the backup exec account that i've entered. After changing to the right account the backup job works.

Thank you guys.

Have nice day and god bless you