cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup exec 2010 r2

rabbanisyed
Level 3

Dear Team,

My symantec backup exec job rated was slown down to 20 MB/min where as it was 780 MB/min it take 40 to 80 hours unbeliviable

i have having exchange server 2010 in DAG envirnoment with 5 databases.

how can i finetune job rate please help....

god blessings

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

rabbanisyed
Level 3
Dear All, hurray!!!!! I have solved my problem by changing the RJ45,bring back my job rate speed. one thing I noticed when I perform windows backup I got plenty of room space I do regular backup using Backup exec seems its not fully functional. so I decided when ever my disk space grows I will backup using windows backup this is just to share

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

rabbanisyed
Level 3
Even I can not Update backup exec 201 r2

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi,

What have you tried to do in terms of troubleshooting? Have you...

1. Restarted the media server?

2. Made sure there are no hardware issues on the Exchange server (failed/failing drives)?

3. Tried to copy data between the media server and Exchange server (both ways) to rule out possible network issues?

4. Are any other remote servers (if you have any) experiencing the same issue, or is it only the Exchange server?

Why can't you update to BE 2010 R3 (NOT R2!)? The ISO is on the link below along with the latest SP:

http://trialware.norton.com/files/fc/Backup_Exec_2010_13.0.5204_MultiPlatforms_Multilingual_DVD.iso

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH208601

If you stop any AV running on the media server along with the BE services (grab copies of the Data/Catalogs folders BEFORE doing the upgrade), you should be able to run the upgrade.

So you'd:

1. Upgrade to BE 2010 R3;

2. Upgrade to BE 2020 R3 SP3;

3. Run LiveUpdate to update with any additional patches;

4. Push-install these updates to your remote servers...

Then try the backup again.

Thanks!

rabbanisyed
Level 3
Dear Craig thanks for your reply 1. done 2. No hardware issues verified 3. perfectly copying data from and to servers 4. no I do not have any AV installed on my server when I run LiveUpdate it throws error asking to register mxml.dll I did according to Symantec thread no use hOW TO UPGRADE IS THERE ANY SPECIAL METHOD OR SIMPLY RUN LIVE My NIC speed set to "Auto" can I change to 100 mbps full duplex thanks regards Rabbani

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi,

You mean 1000MB FULL right? Not 100MB?

Thanks!

Sush---
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Hello Rabbani,

hOW TO UPGRADE IS THERE ANY SPECIAL METHOD OR SIMPLY RUN LIVE

--> Please refer to the following technote for upgrading to BE 2010 R3.

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH159557 : How to: Direct upgrade path from Backup Exec 11d/12.0/12.5/2010/2010 R2 for Windows Servers to Backup Exec 2010 R3

Thanks,

-Sush...

rabbanisyed
Level 3
Dear All, hurray!!!!! I have solved my problem by changing the RJ45,bring back my job rate speed. one thing I noticed when I perform windows backup I got plenty of room space I do regular backup using Backup exec seems its not fully functional. so I decided when ever my disk space grows I will backup using windows backup this is just to share