cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup exec 9.1 issue

Mark_P_
Level 2

I have tried everything I can think of, and Googled the issue to death.  We are running Backup exec 9.1 on a W2K server, I know, nothing like using the latest and greatest.  Backups were humming along fine up until two weeks ago while I was on vacation.  All our jobs started failing with a "Device could not be backed up because an error occurred while connecting to the Remote Agent for Windows Servers."  These backups are for shared drives on the media server.  Like I said, I have checked the login credentials many times, reloaded the software, no luck.  I would appreciate any suggestions.

5 REPLIES 5

Sush---
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Can you confirm that the Backup Exec Remote Agent service is runnning on the remote server which needs to be backed up..??

Also browse through Windows Explorer and confirm that all the folders that you have selected are present at the physical location.

Thanks,

-Sush...

pkh
   VIP    Certified

These backups are for shared drives on the media server

Where are these drives physically located?  Are you backing them up as mapped drives?

Mark_P_
Level 2

Sush, yes, Remote Agent for Windows Server is running on the media server, which is where the folders I'm trying to back up are located.

Pkh, the drives are partitioned on the media server hard drive.  I'm backing them up as the D:\shares

Sush---
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

can you take a screenshot of the selections that you have made in Backup exec and paste it here. Screenshot will make many things easier.

Thanks,

-Sush...

Mark_P_
Level 2

Sush, here ya go