cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup exec constant problems

Glen_Prestidge
Level 3
Hi all

This is a constant problem which is starting to become anoying causing problems for our buisness. In the past 6 months i have rolled out 5 servers. All of which are running backup exec 10 D! Now these work fine. But the server here at the office it is a absolute pain in the arse.

It decides when it wants to do a backup, when it does it bombs out through the backup and says loading media or when the backup is scheduled to run it sits on loading media.

Now this will only work when i run a inventory and re lable and nuke all the tapes. I will get a sucessfully backup for the week until i put a tape in the following week and then i am back were i started.

Now this also seems to work fine after i reboot the server but i shouldn't be rebooting the server every 2 weeks.

Can anyone advise? Is there a nother sevice pack? It is difficult wading through the symantec page for help and updates.

We changed are overwrite protection period because this was causing some problems (pretty much the same as i am having now) but hasn't corrected the problem

any suggestions?
1 REPLY 1

priya_khire
Level 6
Hello,

How many tapes do you use for backup? When the job hangs at loading media, do you get any errors in the Windows event logs? Also check for errors in the alerts tab within backup exec. This type of message can occur if the job does not find a tape.