Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup failed with error

Alian_Cloutier
Level 3
Hi,

Here the error i have: Final error: 0xe0008703
Here the log: There is media online or nearline that can be overwritten and Media is online or nearline to start job

My backup was OK last week but now when he attempt approximately 276,000,000,000 the tape eject. My backup have approximately 291.000.000.000 when is completed. And last weeks all its OK.

Details: When i go to Device manager --> and i choose properti on my tape driver the option : Compression enable = False but i can't change it.

I hope your understand my post because i speak french!!!!!

Thank to all!!!!!!!!!!!
4 REPLIES 4

Swati_Joshi
Level 6
Accredited
Hi,

This may happen if there is insufficient media in the backup device or The backup

device specified in the backup job is a "backup-to-disk-folder" or "backup-to-disk

device" that has not been written to before.

Please refer to following technote in this regard:

http://support.veritas.com/docs/263679

Hope this hepls you.

Thanks and regards,

Note : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked "assumed answered" and would be moved to "answered questions" pool.

Alian_Cloutier
Level 3
Hi,

Another thing, last week my backup have no problem and he have 291,000,000
but now he want another tape at 243,000,000 ist strange no?
Precision: when i make a test run and uncheck the media capacity is sucessfull but when i check media capacity is failed.With this, i understand is my backup is too big but the last week is sucessfull with the same size.

This is exist a mean to incrase compression?

If i go to the properties of my tape backup in device manager, the option compression enabled is at false and i cannot put true because is unacessible.Do you know what i can make ?

Thanks to all...Message was edited by:
Alian Cloutier

Alian_Cloutier
Level 3
Hi all,

Precision again....

If i go to the DEVICE and i make a properti to my tape media and i choose Statistique, the total capacity is 148 GB but my tape is a 320 GB!!!!!!

Someone think i would have change my driver for the tape or something else?

Thanks...

Message was edited by:
Alian CloutierMessage was edited by:
Alian Cloutier

shweta_rege
Level 6
Hello,

- Kindly install the latest veritas Drivers.....

- Do you receive any events in the event logs?

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered
and would be moved to answered questions pool.

****************************************************************************************************************************************************************