cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup failing on directory not found

Kyra_ONeill
Level 2
My backup job is frequently failing with the below error:

Directory not found. Can not backup directory \Program Files\\26595083.0.4784\\\\\\\\ā�Ǚ0\\\\\\\\�Dž悙乏ǃ耀흰桢DŽ燋韥XSLT_1~1.DLL and its subdirectories.

Every few days the backup will complete successfully - but is gradually failing more often. I have found the support article on corrupt entries and have tried recreating the selection list as well creating a whole new backup job. I have also updated drivers, ran Veritas updates, Windows updates etc etc.

Backup Exec 9.1 build 4691 running on Windows 2000 server.

Any other suggestions?
4 REPLIES 4

shweta_rege
Level 6
Hello,
Is it a local Backup or a remote backup?
Are you backing up the exchange mailboxes?

The following Link would help you in your issue
Link:http://search.redwood.min.veritas.com/data/technotes/245452.htm
Document no: 245452

Note : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked ‘assumed answered’ and would be moved to ‘answered questions’ pool.

Thank you

Kyra_ONeill
Level 2
It is a local backup and yes, Exchange mailboxes are being backed up.
I tried your link but it does not seem to be working today...

I'll also add that the directory not found error always begins with the location "Program Files/"

Derek_Hynd
Level 3
Hi Kyra
Have you uninstalled any programs from the C: drive, if so go to the job properties, selection and on the right tehere is an area called View Format click the text radio button and you will see your selection in a text format, now look for the folder and delete it

Hope this helps
Derek

Renuka_-
Level 6
Employee
Hello Kyra,
Please check as told before whether all slections still exist on the hard disk, also stop the antivirus scans on the files being backed up.
NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answeredand would be moved toanswered questions pool.