cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup has been running for 13+ hours, but no progress in byte count.

Charlene_Jan
Not applicable
Media server: Windows 2003
Remote server: Windows 2000
BE v10 SP1 installed.
Agents: AOFO, Domino server agent.

I recently installed remote agent including AOFO to a Lotus Domino server (W2K). I selected all drives plus all the domino databases together, since this is a mail server and it is critical. Knowing it is big and probably going to run for a long time, I started the full backup at around 10:30pm last night and went to sleep. This morning I checked the result. It's been running until now, but there's no progress in byte count (the byte count stopped at about 68GB).

Job history says the current file is a mail file (*.nsf file), but it's not moving. Job log says it has found 1 .nsf to be corrupt, but it's not the same one that's being backed up currently.

I have sent a job cancel (and I expect it's going to take some time to really cancel too). But I need to be able to backup this server as it's email server.

Appreciate any advise on the following:
1. Anyway to mend this?
2. An nsf is found to be corrupt, does BE still back it up?
3. How come it stops at an nsf file that's seems to be ok?

Thank you

Charlene Jan
1 REPLY 1

Mani_2
Level 6
Hello Charlene Jan,

Initially we suggest you to perform the following to isolate and resolve the issue.

1. Create a new backup job and do not select the Databases from the Lotus Domino Agent.

2. Select AOFO to be used to backup Domino Databases and run the job as a workaround and verify the results.

Kindly create a support call with VERITAS to resolve the issue.