cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup job does not get past "loading media" on differential backup job.

PAUL_BUSH
Level 2
Backups run fine during the week until the differential (append-changed data only) set to run on Saturdays. I come in on Monday and "loading media" has been running for 30+ hours. Any suggestions?
5 REPLIES 5

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
Is any data at all written for the Saturday job.
Is there an alert to "insert overwritable media"?

You are probably fillng the tape

PAUL_BUSH
Level 2
No data is being written on the tape-I'll have to check the alert history for the next Saturday backup attempt, my current alert history does not go back far enough (I did not attempt a Saturday backup last weekend). I'll let you know next week and thanks for your reply!!

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
Since this is an append job, is the media set the same as the tape that is mounted?

PAUL_BUSH
Level 2
Yes, I'm trying to append to Friday's tape-it's a DLT 80/160. I currently backup about 40 gb (non compressed) on a normal backup so I don't think appending only changed data on Saturday would fill it up.

priya_khire
Level 6
Hello,

With referance to your post on 'loading media' , this is to know if the problem persists. If yes, did you check for any alerts related to media in the saturday night job? Do also check the event logs for any errors.

Do write back to the forum if the problem persists.

Additional Information :
For information on the recent VERITAS Backup Exec security vulnerabilities, including links to the downloads for the necessary hotfixes, please refer to the following document:
Patch summary for Security Advisories VX05-001, VX05-002, VX05-003, VX05-005, VX05-006, VX05-007

http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/277429.htm

Note : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked ‘assumed answered’ and would be moved to ‘answered questions’ pool.

Regards.