cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup logs sent by e-mail

Conny_Lindquist
Level 5
I get logs sent to me after each job completes. I get attachments in thos logs and could look like this BEX_BKSTO01_00356.txt

My question now is. How do I read these attachments without having to scan through tons of coded text?

My guess is I need some sort of tool to read em. Seems coded in XML or something similar. (I dont know anything about code).

Any hints would be nice.

Regards
Conny
10 REPLIES 10

Padraig
Level 2
Well, my logs come in .htm format. So they automatially open in IE and are easy to read through. I tried looking for a format choice, but couldn't find it. I'd start by figuring out why you are getting .txt files.

Conny_Lindquist
Level 5
Well, I honestly dont know what format it should arrive in. All I know is that I have always got txt format in the e-mail logs.

Both in the actual body and in attachments.

So any hints are welcome :)

Regards
Conny

tmcquaig
Level 4
I wish I could make the body of the email be the log instead of it being attached.

Conny_Lindquist
Level 5
Well, I still havnt got a clue how to view it properly.

Deepali_Badave
Level 6
Employee
Hello,

Are you getting nay errors?

This problem occur if the Msxml.msi is corrupt. So please download and
install it using following link.
Note : Please copy the entire link given below
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?displaylang=en&FamilyID=
0CDD34BF-50EA-4238-846B-243C58FF224A
--Stop all the Backup EXec services and re-start them
-- Create a fresh scheduled backup job and then observe the result

Please refer the following technote:

http://support.veritas.com/docs/251970

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.

Conny_Lindquist
Level 5
The download you requested is unavailable. If you continue to see this message when trying to access this download, go to the "Search for a Download" area on the Download Center home page

Sorry but that link seem to be dead.

tejashree_Bhate
Level 6
Hello,

You could directly go to the microsoft site and dowmload MSXML latest service pack.

Note:- if we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be assumed answered and archived.

Conny_Lindquist
Level 5
I am sorry but I dont understand. I have already installed MSXML 4 SP2 on the computer. I also re-registered the DLL files.

My question was how can I view the attached XML files when I get logs sent to me from the backup server to my local computer?

I dont get the info directly in the mail body but in an attached file.

Or are you suggesting I need to install MSXML 4 SP2 on my local computer also?? How will that help me to view the attched file in xml format?? And in what tool?

Renuka_-
Level 6
Employee
Hello,
You can see the job log in any web browser, it should be saved in html format, and you need to have the Msxml packs on the backup exec server to create these.
Even when you access them on the media server do you not see them in xml format?
NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answeredand would be moved toanswered questions pool.

Conny_Lindquist
Level 5
I figured it out a few days ago actually. It was a setting in BE that caused it. I had set it to use TXT format instead of HTML format. :(

Well, its sorted and this can be closed.