cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup of Oracle RAC. cluster is displayed as???

JavierTI
Level 5

Good afternoon, I have a problem of how to add the cluster that hosts the Oracle RAC, what happens is that aggregates both my cluster servers to see my databases have added the servers where this cluster and I want to validate if the BACKUP EXEC 2012 to view the cluster nodes not.

Urgent. Thank you.
11 REPLIES 11

Lilavati
Level 4
Employee

I assume that you have Linux RAC ,please use following steps to configure oracle RAC database in  Backup Exec 2012.

One important note after performing following steps, first you need to add the RAC Nodes in backup exec 2012 then only you will see RAC virtual node in media server ( virtual gets automatically added )

How to configure the Oracle RAC Agent on RedHat Linux

What we are aiming for
  • RAC databases should appear in the BE console selection lists under the top level branch "Oracle Real Application Clusters".  This is because operations need to be performed at the database level rather than browsing to the individual servers.

• RAC database PHAROS with Db-id 3514636826 will have the virtual name RAC-PHAROS-3514636826.  The remote agents will advertise this name.

Pre-requisite checks
  • Add O/S user that has DBA privileges (the owner of oracle binaries) to the beoper group

• Copy /etc/oratab to /etc/VRTSralus/beoratab

• Replace the dbname entries in /etc/VRTSralus/beoratab with the name of the instance of the RAC database on that machine

• This example uses the root account to configure the agent.  Note: the user account with which you are logged in cannot be a member of the Oracle DBA group.  If root is a member of the Oracle DBA group, expect to see problems verifying the credentials.

• Make sure you have installed the 64-bit agent if you are running 64-bit O/S.  The 32-bit version will install but it will also exhibit problems verifying the credentials.

Oracle SIDs on each node vs the database instance
  • Each node of the RAC has an Oracle SID which can be different from the database name

• Each node's Oracle SID can be identified by the environment variable ORACLE_SID (echo $ORACLE_SID at a command line)

• Example 2-node RAC

Physical Host Name

ORACLE_SID

Database Instance Name

DatabaseID

OracleServer1

PHAROS1

PHAROS

OracleServer2

PHAROS2

PHAROS

To find the database instance name and database identifier (DB-ID)

• sqlplus SYS as SYSDBA

• or to connect to a specific Oracle SID, sqlplus SYS@PHAROS1 as SYSDBA

• select DBID,NAME from v$database;

Commands to run the agent configuration tool
  • su - root

• cd /opt/VRTSralus/bin

• ./AgentConfig

[root@oracle1 bin]# ./AgentConfig
Symantec Backup Exec Remote Agent Utility
 Choose one of the following options:
 1.  Configure database access
 2.  Configure Oracle instance information
 3.  Quit
Please enter your selection: 1

Configuring machine information
 1. Add system credentials for Oracle operations
 2. Edit system credentials used for Oracle operations
 3. Remove system credentials used for Oracle operations
 4. View system credentials used for Oracle operations
 5. Quit
 Enter a user name that has local system credentials: root
 Enter the password:
 Re-enter the password:
 Validating credentials.......
 Do you want to use the full computer name/IP address for Oracle operations? (Y/N): Y
 Enter the full computer name or IP address: oracle_node_name.include.fully.qualified.domain.name
 Do you want to use a custom port to connect to the media server during Oracle operations? (Y/N): N
 Commit Oracle operation settings to the configuration file? (Y/N): Y
 SUCCESS: Successfully added the entry to the configuration file.

5. Quit
 Please enter your selection: 4
 Entry 1
    ObjectName: DBAID
    Port: 5633
 Entry 2
    ObjectName: Machine
    HostUsername: root
    FQDN: name.include.fully.qualified.domain.name
    Port: 5633

5. Quit
 Please enter your selection: 5

Symantec Backup Exec Remote Agent Utility
 1.  Configure database access
 2.  Configure Oracle instance information
 3.  Quit
 Please enter your selection: 2
If this computer is a RAC node, you must perform additional steps for configuration before you continue.  Refer to the readme for these additional steps.

At this point the above note is referring to the afore-mentioned prerequisite: you need a modified copy of /etc/oratab called /etc/VRTSralus/beoratab with the database name entries updated to reflect the ORACLE_SID for that node:

The ortab file would contain the following information on both the nodes.
+ASM1:/oracle/product/10.2.0/asm:N
PHAROS:/oracle/product/10.2.0/db:N

The beoratab file on NODE 1 should be modified to reflect the  ORACLE_SID for that node as shown below. Same thing has to be done on the NODE 2

beoratab file on NODE 1
PHAROS1:/oracle/product/10.2.0/db_1:N

beoratab file on NODE 2
PHAROS2:/oracle/product/10.2.0/db_1:N

Configuring the Oracle Agent
 1.  Add a new Oracle instance to protect
 2.  Edit an existing Oracle instance
 3.  Delete an existing Oracle instance
 4.  View Oracle instance entries that have been added in the Remote Agent Utility
 5.  Quit

Select an Oracle instance to configure
 Entry 1. PHAROS1
 Enter the number 0 to go back
Enter your selection: 1

Enter the Oracle database SYSDBA user name: SYS
Enter the Oracle database SYSDBA password:
Re-enter password:
Validating credentials.......

If you get to this stage and it reports "failed to login" please check the correct 64bit/32bit agent has been installed and that the account used to execute this AgentConfig is not a member of the OracleDBA group.  Follow the steps on screen and answer the prompts.  To check, select option 4 to view the oracle instance entries that have been added... it should read something like:

Entry 1
 ObjectName: PHAROS1
 DatabaseLogin: SYS
 MediaServerName: BE11d.local.domain.net
 JobTemplate: Default

The MediaServerName should be the Fully Qualified Domain Name.  Check that name resolution is working, adding the FQDN to the HOSTS file if appropriate

Repeat for each node of the RAC

Configuration within the BE console:
  • Tools, Options, Oracle, Modify list... as per 1 and 2 below.  But for a TWO-node RAC, you will need THREE server-account mappings: One for each node plus one for the virtual node name as it appears in Backup Exec Selection lists.

• For each physical node, you will need to add a new entry as per 3.  Basically, you enter the name of the node (again FQDN) and you relate that to an existing logon account.  If you need to, you can tell Backup Exec about a New logon account via 4 or...

• Network, Logon Accounts...

• Add the virtual node name and the corresponding Linux account that will be used to authenticate the connection.  RAC-DatabaseName-DatabaseID eg "RAC-PHAROS-3514636826" and oracle, for example.

You should find that the RAC branch is now populated when the advertising is completed by each RALUS agent.
- server1.domain.com --> user Oracle
- server2.domain.com --> user Oracle
- RAC-dbname-dbid --> user Oracle

Sameer_Kapadia
Level 4
Employee

Hi,

Oracel RAC would appear something like  RAC-<database name>-<database ID>. For backing up Oracle RAC database backup from this virtual resource should be done and not from individual cluster nodes.

Please Follow - http://www.symantec.com/docs/HOWTO73891

Thanks,

JavierTI
Level 5

When configuring the oracle agent, I can vizualisar the option of:
Do you want to use the full computer name / IP address for Oracle operations? (Y / N): Y
  Enter the full computer name or IP address: oracle_node_name.include.fully.qualified.domain.name
  Do you want to use a custom port to connect to the media server Oracle During operations? (Y / N): N
  Commit Oracle operation settings to the configuration file? (Y / N): Y
  SUCCESS: Successfully added the entry to the configuration file.

agrege and two RAC nodes, but not automatic vizualisa the RAC, the backup to another way I get to create the backup, is urgent.

JavierTI
Level 5

news ????

JavierTI
Level 5

good afternoon friends, I had a procedure performed on the console of BE 2012, but I get an error like this, if I can help with this problem that I have to wait too long. or handling well the oracle but already configured the agent but as I set.

Sameer_Kapadia
Level 4
Employee

Hi,

Try adding the local instance SID in "Local Instance Name" field instead of virtual resource name 'RAC-DPWCTNP-1819698902'. The Oracle SID which would be specific to this node only.

Thanks.

JavierTI
Level 5

I have understood that when RAC, each node manages its id, then this section would have to put both Oracle ID???
or there is a general id oracle rac???

JavierTI
Level 5

I have no answer for a long time, some comments!

JavierTI
Level 5

Good afternoon quisuiera know if there could be backed in an environment with Oracle 11G R2 ASM??? OPINIONS, I'm having problems.

JavierTI
Level 5

news my friends !!!!

JavierTI
Level 5

Good morning, when you explain in the article on the settings you mention that you should put on:
  Enter a User Name that has local system credentials: root
  Enter the password:
  Re-enter the password:
  Validating credentials .......
  Do you want to use the full computer name / IP address for Oracle operations? (Y / N): Y

I have no option to add the name or IP, it is due????