cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup of individual deleted/disabled mailboxes failing job

tgrabowski
Level 3
Is there anyway to have the job status report as 'Successful' as compared to failed, in Back up exec 10, when the reason for the job failure is a deleted or disabled mailbox on our exchange 2003 server that by design is inaccessible?
3 REPLIES 3

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
See http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/241981.htm

tgrabowski
Level 3
Thank you for the link. I had previously read that document but felt that each of the steps required too much work and maintenance in both exchange and Veritas itself to be very useful. Veritas 8.5 or 8.6, i believe, had a registry entry that could be modified to not mark a job as failed on mailbox back up failure. this was a long time ago and just though that since then there may have been something integrated in to version 10, such as 'error handling rules' that would allow this to be set once in the program and not require weekly maintenance. Does anyone know of a one time fix for version 10 that will make this change for me?

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
I think what you are refering to was the tweak that would not flag a backup as FAILED if one or more mailboxes were "corrupt". AFAIK, if BackupExec could not find a resource, it has always marked the job FAILED with no way to alter that.