cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Errors when include SQL Server shadow copy components

Not applicable
Hi
We are experiencing an issue with Backup Exec for SBS 2003 Premium.

When including "SQL Server Shadow Component" options to be backed up, the job fails to finish, ejects the tape, seeks to verify some tape (it rejects the tape that it has just processed) forcing the cancellation of the job. It doesn't appear to be a tape space issue as when deselecting the SQL Server options the job completes successfully. The log file for an unsucessful job is attached (we finally cancel the job). If you require more verbose log options please let me know.

A couple of questions:
1. are there any suggestions as to how to resolve this?
2. what does backing up the shadow copy state for the SQL Server components
provide us with?

Many thanks

Nick.
6 REPLIES 6

John_Chisari
Level 6
Partner Accredited
Sounds like the tape is running out of space and it is asking for another one.
Do you have any Alerts asking to please insert overwritable media?

You can uncheck Userdata in Shadow Copy Components, as if you are backing up SQL and Exchange via the Agent ie. you make selections via SQL Server and Microsoft Exchange IS.

Also you don't need to select the SERVERNAME\BKUPEXEC instance of SQL, just make sure the backup selection includes the C:\program files\veritas\backup exec\nt\data directory.

Sheetal_Risbood
Level 6
Hi,

I would like to know if the suggestions provided earlier have helped you in resolving the issue.

If the problem still persists, please get back to us with the latest updates.

Thanks.

Level 2
Hi

There are no alerts regarding running out of tape space.

I am rerunning the job with System Stage and Service State selected, but not SQL Server user data. I will let you know how I go.

Regards

Nick.

Amruta_Purandar
Level 6
Hello,

Please keep us updated. If the problem persists, do revert.

NOTE: If we do not receive your intimation within two business days, this post would be assumed answered and archived

Sheetal_Risbood
Level 6
Archiving the post as per our previous reply

Level 2
Backup still fails when either service state and system stage or only system stage is selected.

Regards

Nick.