cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup process not yet to be finished.

helpdesk24
Level 3

Hi all,

I am using licensed symantec backup exec 2010 in server 2008 , i am not bought sql agent , so after completed trial period , whenever doing backup process it's etting alert and process hang up..so i need to remove the sql trial agent without affecting existing setup.. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

AmolB
Employee Accredited Certified

On the above screen click on next and then uncheck "Agent for SQL" option.

Other option is to exclude all SQL instances from backups.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

AmolB

Edit media server backup selection list and remove BKUPEXEC SQL instance.

Also check the Backup Exec alerts tab for any unattended alerts.

helpdesk24
Level 3

Hi Amol,

Thanks for your support, i did as per ur instruction and job also ron without error. but i want to remove trial licensed agent from symantec backup exec. pls tel me solution for how to uninstall trial based agents.

AmolB

Click on Tools->Install Options & License key->Follow the wizard-> Uncheck "Agent for SQL" option

helpdesk24
Level 3

Dear Amol

If i am using this option , existing license removed and it didn't show the agents list. any other way.. i am using symantec backup exec 2010

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

...if the trial expired, and you removed the SQL DB from the backup, leave it as is...there is no harm in this. You're going to be spending time trying to remove an entry from a location within BE that hardly anybody looks in.

AmolB

On the above screen click on next and then uncheck "Agent for SQL" option.

Other option is to exclude all SQL instances from backups.

helpdesk24
Level 3

hi ,

after removing sql db in selection list then backup going on successfully, but my point is whenever start the backup job that time sql agent expire alert geting. that was  i am want to remove sql agent from symantec backup exec 2010.

AmolB

Did you follow the instructions from my previous post?

You will not get the above alerts once the trail period expires.

helpdesk24
Level 3

Dear Amol,

As per your instruction i was click next , not able to unselect the sql agent option (Hide), refer the attachment. any other way to removal options.

AmolB

There is no other way to uncheck  "Agent for SQL" option.

I would suggest to ignore the alerts for time being, once trial period is over you will not 

get alerts for SQL agent(make sure you don't select any SQL DB's in the backup selection)

helpdesk24
Level 3

Dear Amol,

Thanks for your support. after ending trial license period automatically removed SQL agent in symantec backup exec, and also not show alert. problem solved.