cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup remote host to host's USB drive

fitnh_la
Level 2

Found an answer to this question, but since the post was from 2009, I thought I'd check to see if the answer is still the same:

I have two sites: site A and site B.  Backup Exec 16 is installed at site A, our main datacenter.  One server (a host) is setup at site B.  Sites A and B are connected via a site-to-site VPN tunnel, which runs fairly slow.  I'd like to backup the host at site B with Backup Exec, but I want the host at site B to backup to a USB drive it is directly connected to.  Essentially, I want data to flow from host->USB drive.  I don't want data to flow from host (site B)->backup exec (site A)->host (site B)->USB drive.  

Is this deployment possible with only 1 backup exec server sitting at site A?  If not, does anyone have any other alternative suggestions?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

Backup Exec writes to media connected to the Backup Exec server - so you need to make the host at Site B into a BE server - if you want to control the jobs frmo the BE srever at site A you could use a CASO setup to manage Site B. (as long as your WAN links are persistent and reliable)

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

Backup Exec writes to media connected to the Backup Exec server - so you need to make the host at Site B into a BE server - if you want to control the jobs frmo the BE srever at site A you could use a CASO setup to manage Site B. (as long as your WAN links are persistent and reliable)

Thanks Colin - that's what I figured, but wanted to be certain.