cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup set description name/job name missing

Cindy_Rasey
Level 4
I'm running SAP 4.7 Enterprise using Veritas 10d. R/3 Agent is installed. I've set up the biparam.ini file to reflect a description for the backup. The job name inside of Backup Exec still generates a Backup 0032 name instead of using the name I specified. In addition, I do see inside the job history the description I defined, yet it's not changing the job name title. What do I need to do to get the job name to reflect this as well? That's the name that everyone reads and wants to have some valuable content to.
4 REPLIES 4

Renuka_-
Level 6
Employee
Hello,
When you create a backup job, you have the option to give a name to the backup job in the tab 'general' .
NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answeredand would be moved toanswered questions pool.

Cindy_Rasey
Level 4
This did not answer my question at all since when using the SAP R3 agent, the backup is created inside of SAP and not inside of Backup Exec. There is no general tab to choose from except when you are running the backup directly from Backup Exec. That's why all the settings are specified in the biparam.ini file.

Please advise how I get the backup description to appear correctly utilizing the biparam.ini file.

Thanks,
Cindy

Deepali_Badave
Level 6
Employee
Hello,

Please elaborate the phrase "the backup is created inside of SAP and not inside of Backup Exec".

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.

Cindy_Rasey
Level 4
When using the SAP R3 agent, the backups have to be created in SAP under transaction DB13 (accordingy to your instructions on how to create backups using the SAP R3 agent). The biparam.ini file specifies the media, description, device, etc. How do you specify the description of the backup in the biparam.ini file so it reflects in the actual name of the backup?