cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup sets that were performed from an old Backup server are not being removed from storage targets

akytro
Level 2

We performed an upgrade from Backup Exec 2014 to 2015 and in that processed we switched servers as well. We upgraded from Windows Server 2008 R2 to Windows Server 2012 R2. The server names did change and performed all the steps that Veritas suggested in their migration instructions. The problem we have now is that Backups that were performed from the old server are not being removed from the storage targets. So now our 2 targets are at max capacity and backups are unable to run any longer due to space constraints. I've opened up a case with Veritas and am still waiting for their escalated support to get back to me. Just trying to see if anyone else ran into an issue like this.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

OK so reclaims of backup sets are catalog driven (in that we have to query the catalogs to understand what to reclaim) so the ODBC error is probably key to the problem. Make sure you have told the support engineer handling your case about this error and what you are doing when you see it.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

akytro
Level 2

Also when I go into the Storage > Storage Targets > Backup sets and force the old backups to expire I get an Catalog Error: ODBC access error. 

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

OK so reclaims of backup sets are catalog driven (in that we have to query the catalogs to understand what to reclaim) so the ODBC error is probably key to the problem. Make sure you have told the support engineer handling your case about this error and what you are doing when you see it.