cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup to Disk issues

Helpdesk_IT
Level 3
Hi,

I am using BE10.1 for Windows on a Sony AIT Autoloader, all works fine, today I backup the same to a hard drive instead of Tape, it worked fine except it couldn't copy 93 files but the same on my existing Tape has only 9 files skipped daily, is there anything I need to configure?

Example of the log:

The item C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL$BKUPEXEC\Data\mastlog.ldf in use - skipped.
The item C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL$BKUPEXEC\Data\model.mdf in use - skipped.
The item C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL$BKUPEXEC\Data\modellog.ldf in use - skipped.
The item C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL$BKUPEXEC\Data\msdbdata.mdf in use - skipped.
The item C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL$BKUPEXEC\Data\msdblog.ldf in use - skipped.
The item C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL$BKUPEXEC\Data\tempdb.mdf in use - skipped.
The item C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL$BKUPEXEC\Data\templog.ldf in use - skipped.
The item C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL$BKUPEXEC\LOG\ERRORLOG in use - skipped.

Please advice,

Cheers,

Helpdesk
8 REPLIES 8

shweta_rege
Level 6
Hello,

-- Are you using Aofo durning the backup?

-- What is the Sql version that you are using?

-- Is the Sql Agent license installed?

Thank You,

Shweta

Helpdesk_IT
Level 3
Hi Sweta,

Thank for your mail,

1. I don't use AOFO in my backup, when I used it earlier it gave me an error message, under AOFO only one option is available MS Vol shadow copy server.
Please advice on this.

2. The SQL server manager ver 8.00.760

3. SQL Agent is installed and running.

Cheers,

Helpdesk

Helpdesk_IT
Level 3
Hi Shweta,

I just checked for the error message when enabling the AOFO, it says the Evaluation copy of the AOFO is expired, does it mean I need to buy this as a add on module ?

Please advice,

Cheers,

Helpdesk

Helpdesk_IT
Level 3
Hello Shewta,

Please advice.....

Cheers,

Helpdesk

Helpdesk_IT
Level 3
Hi,
Can Anyone help me!

Shweta is either too busy or not available,

Cheers,

Helpdesk

maxi_maximus
Level 4
Hi

In regards to the AOFO license error yes you will need to purchase a license.

Are you specifically trying to Backup the Backup Exec database via SQL agent or just as normal files? If agent you should purchase the SQL agent otherwise AOFO should do the trick.

Backup Exec also runs an automatic Backup of the database at 4:00am every morning the file is located at C:\Program Files\Symantec\Backup Exec\Data\BEDB.bak

shweta_rege
Level 6
Hello,

If the AOFO option is showing as expired yes you will need to purchase a license for Aofo to use it..

Thank You,

Shweta

Helpdesk_IT
Level 3
Hi Maximus,

Thanks for your reply, I just select all the folders from C: drive and every day it skips those files I mentioned, I am not sure if these needs to be backed up, any idea what these files are needed to be backedup?

Cheers,

Helpdesk