cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup to Removable Disk: Physical Volume Not Found

alandavid
Level 4

Hi guys,

When I try to setup up a Removable Disk Backup (to replace tapes), all runs fine except each day the Backup Exec services on the server have to be restarted for it to find the USB drive.

This is very well while I set it up but I don't want to do this for several servers all the time!

Am I missing something?

Alan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Ken_Putnam
Level 6

Rather than bouncing all BackupExec services, you could create a script using BEMCMD to pause and then unpause all your B2D devices, and schedule it with Task Scheduler to run 15-20 minutes before the nightly job cycle starts

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

shirmal
Level 5
No, you are not missing anything! We look after a number of sites that use Backup Exec 12.5 and we have had to create a script to stop and start the services before the backup runs to pickup the correct drive! It was sooooo much easier with tapes!!

Are you using each removable disk as a different drive letter? How do you catalogue the hard drives on a different server (in the event of a fire for example where a server is destroyed, the catalogue option for hard drives doesn't seem to be there!). Do you have problems with the IMG folders not overwriting?

shirmal

Ken_Putnam
Level 6

Rather than bouncing all BackupExec services, you could create a script using BEMCMD to pause and then unpause all your B2D devices, and schedule it with Task Scheduler to run 15-20 minutes before the nightly job cycle starts