cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup to disk - error when duplicate to tape

wingnut144
Level 4

Ok, for the past week, the backup to disk part has been working without any errors, but last night, when the duplicate to tape portion was suppose to copy to tape, I got this error:

Job ended: Friday, February 11, 2011 at 11:01:59 PM
Completed status: Failed
Final error: 0xe0009444 - The requested source duplicate backup sets catalog record could not be found.  Perhaps the media containing the source backup sets was previously deleted.
Final error category: Job Errors

For additional information regarding this error refer to link V-79-57344-37956

Errors
Click an error below to locate it in the job log
Unable to determine ADAMM media identification.  Catalog query failed.

So, I'm not sure what happened, The backup to disk section ran out of disk space, it appears....... If I have the duplicate to tape section run twice a week, is there a way to delete the jobs that were then moved to tape, to free up disk space?

So if I wanted the sequence to be:  copy to disk, duplicate to tape, and free up disk space, how would this be done?  Say have the duplicate to tape twice a week and then delete the disk backups.....

Is this possible??

3 REPLIES 3

pkh
   VIP    Certified

What you can do is to shorten the Overwrite Protection Period (OPP) of the .bkf files.  For example, if you want to keep the .bkf files for 3 days, then set the OPP to 2 days.  You would then have 3 .bkf files on disk and on the fourth day, the oldest file will get overwritten.

wingnut144
Level 4

What about the append period?

Currently I have the jobs set to append.  I'd like the transfer to tape to happen before the incremental on Wednesdays and Saturdays, so I set the OPP to 1 day, and then scheduled the transfer from the B2D folder to tape to run before the scheduled incremental on Wednesday and Saturdays.

What about the append period on the B2D job?  Currently its set to 1 day as well.......but I'm not sure if that will affect the B2D job that runs after the transfer to tape on Wednesdays and Saturdays.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

pkh
   VIP    Certified

Generally, I would not append to a B2D folder.  When you append to a media the OPP will be re-calculated from the end of the append job, thus extending the OPP.

If you have set the AP, but your job is not appending then it has no effect.