cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup-to-disk out of space

mshiarla
Level 2

I am backing up to a small NAS.  It has been working fine, but now it says the backup-to-disk folder is low on space.  However, we are only useing 10% of the NAS which has no disk space limitations.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

pkh
   VIP    Certified

I don't find your device in the HCL so it is not supported and this is confirmed further by the failure of the B2DTest.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

AmolB
Employee Accredited Certified

1) Restart the BE services.

2) Recreate B2D folder at the same location and then perform an inventory, you will not lose any data.

pkh
   VIP    Certified

It could be that your NAS is not reporting the free space correctly to BE.  Check the HCL of your version of BE to make sure that it is supported for B2D.  If not, test its functionality for B2D using the B2DTest utility.  See the document below

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH69107

mshiarla
Level 2

I tried to recreate the folder with no luck.  I ran the B2DTest Utility and it failed, but I didn't see why.  It just stated one or more failed and it did not create a log file.  We're using a Western Digital ShareSpace appliance.

pkh
   VIP    Certified

I don't find your device in the HCL so it is not supported and this is confirmed further by the failure of the B2DTest.