cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup up Netware 6.5

David_Armstrong
Level 3
I am not able to backup my Novell Netware 6.5 server after up grading to Veritas Backup Exec for Windows Servers 10.0.

I was running Veritas 9.x and was running fine. I upgraded to Veritas BEWS 10.0 build 5484 and installed all of the updates and patches and reloaded the Netware remote agent, but I was no longer able to backup my Novell Netware 6.5 server running Groupwise 6.5 . I was looking around on you forum and it suggested that I upgrade to Veritas BEWS 10.0 build 5520. I upgraded to Veritas BEWS 10.0 build 5520 and installed all of the updates and patches and reloaded the Netware remote agent, but I was still unable to backup my Novell Netware 6.5 server.

When I run the backup job I receive the following error:

Completed status: Failed Final error: 0xe0009443 - Error connecting to the Backup Exec Remote
Agent for NetWare Servers. Make sure that the Remote Agent NetWare is running on the target computer.
Final error category: Resource Errors

I am running Veritas BEWS 10.0 build 5520 with all of the updates and patches loaeded on a Windows 2000 server with all of the updates and patches loaded.

Here is a list of the Veritas BEWS updates that are loaded:
Veritas BEWS 10.0 build 5520 and installed all of the updates and patches
10.0 5520 Hotfix 15
10.0 5520 Hotfix 8
10.0 5520 Hotfix 7
10.0 5520 Hotfix 4
10.0.5520 Hotfix 6
10.0 5520 Hotfix 10
10.0.5520 Hotfix 13

Please note that the only thing that has changed is that I upgraded to BEWS 10.0 build 5520. It is running off of the same Windows 2000 server and no changes have been made to the network.

Thanks,

David Armstrong
5 REPLIES 5

Ajit_Kulkarni
Level 6
Hello David,

Please check what is the version of Remote Agent in version.doc in sys:bkupexec directory on Netware server ?

Is it version 9.1 build 1158.3 ?

If the version is 9.1 build 1152 then please install the latest Remote Agent for Netware from the link mentioned below :

- Backup Exec 9.1.1158.3 Remote Agent for NetWare
http://support.veritas.com/docs/278581

Hope this helps you.

Regards

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked "assumed answered" and would be moved to "answered questions" pool.

David_Armstrong
Level 3
Thanks Ajit,

My Remote agent was at 9.1.1152.4. I have downloaded the update and tried to run it, but it says that the Backup Exec is running on the server. I have ran bestop.nlm comand on the Novell server and closed the Backup Exec window on the Windows 2000 server, but it still says the Backup Exec is running on the server. Is there a different command that I should be using on the Novell server other then bestop.nlm?

I'll keep looking and trying

Thanks,

David

Ajit_Kulkarni
Level 6
Hello David,

Thank you for the update.

The command that you should use is just "bestop" and not bestop.nlm.

Please try it and let me know the results.

Regards

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked "assumed answered" and would be moved to "answered questions" pool.

David_Armstrong
Level 3
Yes, I tried both bestop and bestop.nlm. I get the error that Backup Exec is running on the server and must be stopped before I can continue. I ran bestop on my Novell server and clicked continue on the upgrade window but it doesn't continue it gives me the error again that Backup Exec is running. I have tried ending the Remote Agent upgrade and restarting it after I have ran the bestop command on the Novell server but it still gives me the same error.

Thanks,

David

David_Armstrong
Level 3
The link to download the new remote agent is for BE for Netware server. I need the novell remote agent for BE for Windows server.