cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BackupExec 10 Install Problem

Level 2
I posted this once already and got no responses. When I am installing BE 10, no matter what option I choose at the SQL screen, the software tries to install MSDE and fails. I don't want MSDE as I already have an SQL 2000 SP3a server running. This is the only error I can find from the install log.

05-04-2005,17:58:09 : DRIVER={SQL Server};SERVER=PEMHQ1\HQBackup;Trusted_Connection=Yes
05-04-2005,17:58:09 : Connected to SQL Server: PEMHQ1\HQBackup
05-04-2005,17:58:09 : Successfully connected as sysadmin/dbcreator.
05-04-2005,17:58:09 : Failed to get data for SQL statement: select filename from master..sysdatabases where name='BEDB'

I have tried running SQL locally, and on a remote machine, and it does the same thing every time. help??
2 REPLIES 2

padmaja_rajopad
Level 6
Hi,

Are you trying to install Backup Exec to an existing SQL Instance?

Normally it is recommended to use a separate instance for Backup Exec.

Is the latest service pack for SQL i.e Service Pack 3a installed?

It would be better if you could paste the installation log here..

Are you trying to perform an upgrade for an existing installation of Backup Exec or is it a fresh installation?

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked ‘assumed answered’ and would be moved to the ‘answered questions’ pool.

Level 2
I was able to get BE to install ok by itself, with no additional agents. The problem then happens when I try to install the desktop and laptop agent. Even though BE is installed and pointing to an existing SQL instance, it still tries to install MSDE and fails. Why would this agent be causing this problem?