cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BackupExec 11D update path

RHermans
Level 2
We recently upgraded from BackupExec 10 to version 11D.
Since then, we've been experiencing quite some issues, such as services / media server being offline.
Because of this, I've been trying to update the tape drivers etc. to the latest version.

I've downloaded the be6235RHF12_32bit_286763.exe and be7170RHF3_32bit_288038.exe update packages, and succesfully installed the first, after manually disabling the 'Backup Exec Device & Media Service', which doesn't seem to shut down well (it stays in the stopping state).
However, I can't install the second update, because the current version of BEWS isn't correct. That could be the case, but I can't find another update package which should be installed upfront.

Any thoughts on this? Also, what could cause the Backup Exec Device & Media Service not to shut down?
2 REPLIES 2

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
What build are you running?  These two driver packs support builds 6235 and 7170

Grab the download for v7170  ( http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/287939.htm  ), install that on top of youi current code and then apply the 7170 driver pack

RHermans
Level 2
Hi Ken, thanks for the help!

I think I've made a mistake in this. I thought these packages I mentioned in my previous post, were just follow up packages which could be installed after each other. From what you've posted, I understand each package support a specific build.

I'll grab the update from the link you posted, and install the 7170 driver package afterwards.