cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BackupExec 12.5: Event log 200: "Msexchange bolume shadow copy in dirty state"

FlyboyData
Level 3

Hello,

Our backup is firing off as expected, except the backup of the exchange server 2007 mailbox databases.

This is on a server running Microsoft Server 2003 R2 x64 edition, Symantec Backup Exec 12.5 and Exchange Server 2007 SP 1.  Symantec Backup Exec is reporting no updates available when I click the "Live Update" function under tools.

On our full, weekend backup we get:

Job Completion Status
Job ended: Monday, September 26, 2011 at 2:19:38 AM
Completed status: Failed
Final error: 0xe00002f7 - Cannot extract mailbox messages from the Exchange backup. Review the job log for more information.
Final error category: Resource Errors

For additional information regarding this error refer to link V-79-57344-759

And:

Click an error below to locate it in the job log

Backup- \\WS1\Microsoft Information Store\First Storage Group 
V-79-57344-759 - Unable to complete the operation for the selected resource using the specified opti...

The referenced article does not cover our situation.

I am finding these in the Windows event log, however (after the Volume ShadowCopy service makes a shadow copy of the running databases:):

Instance 4: Database headers have been successfully validated. All databases are in a dirty shutdown state. To bring these databases to a clean shutdown state, log generations 88432 (0x00015970) to 88451 (0x00015983) will be required.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

It is with the storage group consistency check, and is an event ID 200...

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thank you for the help!

1 REPLY 1

FlyboyData
Level 3

Oh yeah,

And no evidence to support the dirty ESE database, either (no ESE errors, ESE defrag runs safely every night).

Just thought I'd throw that one in ;)