cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BackupExec 2010 R3 hangs when establishing trust relationship with Remote Windows Agent

MartiniHoudini
Level 2

My problem is severe -

1. I can not establish trust relationship with any of my remote Windows Server agents - BackupExec console hangs when trying to do it with any of the methods described here: http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH156427. Also, when I try to add a remote media server from my client agent console, it hangs, too. https://clientui-kb.symantec.com/kb/index?page=content&id=TECH163243&key=15047&actp=LIST did not help either.
  2. I can not do a remote push install of the same agent software - it hangs while copying files. Manual install of the agent software works, but then we get back to problem 1 - can't establish trust relationship.

Current infrastructure: two Active Directory controllers, simple network infrastructure - both the BackupExec server and client servers in the same subnet, same domain. No problems with communication between clients and BackupExec server, I can even telnet <client> port 10000. All servers Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1, latest patches. BackupExec updated with all hotfixes.

Also, while trying BEUtility, I can add the remote agent in it's interface, it shows the version of it etc., yet when I open BackupExec console, it still hangs when trying to add trust relationship or browse the "backupabble" system resources.

I have already bought licences etc. for all of the servers etc., but currently the product does not work at all, even when I have configured everything as per the tutorials and manuals found on Symantec support library. Should I roll back to R2 version, since this worked in R2 version? Or should I just forget about this and cut my losses with this product?

Thanks,

Martin

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MartiniHoudini
Level 2

Well, I guess the reinstall fixed it. Apparently when you upgrade from R2 to R3 instead of complete and clean reinstall, this product does not work.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

pkh
   VIP    Certified

I can not do a remote push install of the same agent software - it hangs while copying files

For all your remote servers?  When you do a push install, what is the userid that you used to logon to the BE console.  Does it have the rights given in the document below?

Requirements for the Backup Exec Service Account (BESA).

If you can find a bkupinst.log on your remote servers, take a look at it and see what is the problem.

Since you just purchased BE, it should come with a support contract.  Have you tried contacting Symantec Tech Support?  They can do remote trouble-shooting of your problem.

MartiniHoudini
Level 2

Yes, for all of my remote servers. Doesn't matter whether it's a virtual server (Hyper-V) or a physical server, too. 

I used the same link You gave me to create the domain account for the network logons. I am also using it to open my BE console. 

I will try to check the bkupinst.log for any clues, thanks.

Suppose I will have to contact them (Support) sooner or later..

pkh
   VIP    Certified

You should just use the default domain admin account as your BESA before trying to create another account.  

MartiniHoudini
Level 2

Yes, I did that too, was using <domain>\Administrator account before, with no success.

P.S. I am doing a complete reinstall of the server OS and BackupExec currently, will let you know how it goes.

MartiniHoudini
Level 2

Well, I guess the reinstall fixed it. Apparently when you upgrade from R2 to R3 instead of complete and clean reinstall, this product does not work.