cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BackupExec 2012 log file-by-file timestamp backup

LM78
Level 3

Hi to all,

we want to view at what time exactly BackupExec Remote Agent is backing up files during backup task. I tryed SGMon.exe utility and BackupExec options but all of these not show me when exactly backup task is backuing up files (we want to discover some files lock problems)

How can I enable this option?

Thank's in advantage. Best Regards

2 REPLIES 2

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

As we do a snapshot then whatever time it actually backs up any specific file will be academic as the file time from the point of view of any restore will be the snapshot time - which will be close to the start of the job and can more or less be worked out from the job log.

In terms of troubleshooting I am not sure we capture filenames with time stamps anywhere but agains if a file is locked then the snapshot time might be when the issue really takes place and not the time in the backup itself.

LM78
Level 3

We don't use Advanced Open File Options for backup task, we don't use snapshot technology

My target is to view at what time backup is saving files during his task (view <exmple>). For example

<view_here_backuptime> Directory \Programmi\Symantec\Backup Exec

<view_here_backuptime> Directory \Programmi\Symantec\Backup Exec\RAWS

<view_here_backuptime> Directory \Programmi\Symantec\Backup Exec\RAWS\BEDBG

<view_here_backuptime> Directory \Programmi\Symantec\Backup Exec\RAWS\Data asr.sif <A> 2826 08/04/2014 11:56 asrpnp.sif <A> 16384 08/04/2014 11:56 THEEYE.DR.TMP <A> 255936 08/04/2014 11:38

<view_here_backuptime> Directory \Programmi\Symantec\Backup Exec\RAWS\Data\OHTEMP

<view_here_backuptime> Directory \Programmi\Symantec\Backup Exec\RAWS\logs

We must check when some files are backed up