cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BackupExec Job Monitor Type = unknown

Jeff_Dwyer
Level 3
Running on Win2kSP4, I have an 'Erase Library' job with the Job Type = Unknown and Job Status = Ready. The start time = 10/8/2005.

Any ideas on how to get rid of this "stuck" job? I tried deleting but this does not work.
11 REPLIES 11

Sharvari_Deshmu
Level 6
Hello,

Please try stopping and starting the BE services and then verify the result.

Thanks,

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.

Jeff_Dwyer
Level 3
Thanks for the input. I've done this several times. I have restarted the server as well. No luck.

Sharvari_Deshmu
Level 6
Hello,

Please try running a repair database and then verify the result.

http://support.veritas.com/docs/265180

Thanks,

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.

Jeff_Dwyer
Level 3
The repair was successful but did not fix the "stuck" job. It's still there. Any other ideas?

Sharvari_Deshmu
Level 6
Hello,

Please doing a repair installation of BE please see the technote below:

http://support.veritas.com/docs/253199

Thanks,

Jeff_Dwyer
Level 3
I ran the BE installation repair and was prompted to restart the server. I did but still no luck. The job is still 'stuck' in the Job Monitor.

Deepali_Badave
Level 6
Employee
Hello,

Are you getting any related event id's in the application event log?

Jeff_Dwyer
Level 3
I see no event logs referencing this job.

Deepali_Badave
Level 6
Employee
Hello,

Verify if any active aletrts are generated.If yes , respond to them and restart the BE services once.

Jeff_Dwyer
Level 3
No active alerts show for the Unknown status of the Erase job dated 10/8/2005.

Fredrick_Smith
Level 3
Jeff, did you ever resolve this?  I am having a simular issue