cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BackupExec Support for HP Dat72 USB drive

Donnie_Francis
Level 4
I think I know the answer to this question already, but can anyone verify whether BackupExec 9.1 or 10 is compatible with an HP DAT72 USB drive?

I cannot get BackupExec to recognize the drive although the OS has no problem.

Thanks,
Donnie
6 REPLIES 6

uz
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
Yes it is.

check the BEWS 10 hardware CL under:

http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/274347.htm

you will find HP StorageWorks DAT 72 USB supported and tested for USB 2.0.
But do check the footnotes 1 and 2

1 = IDR is NOT supported

2 = The Hewlett Packard HPDAT.SYS driver v1.5.3.1 (or higher) is required for use with Backup Exec for Windows Servers. Please contact HP to acquire this driver.

Hope this helps

regards

uz

Donnie_Francis
Level 4
Wonderful! Thanks so much!

Aaron_Queheilla
Not applicable
Donnie,

I just found your posting. I am trying to get Veritas 9.1 to recognize my new HP Dat72 USB Drive running on Windows Server 2000.

I started by installing the drivers that came with the drive, then installed the Device Driver Installer from Veritas without any luck.

I am in a satellite office and wear the IT hat only when needed. How were you able to get Veritas 9.1 to recognize the new drive?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Aaron

James_Cullen
Not applicable
Altho the thread says YES. I cannot get 9.1 to recognise my USB Dat72. can anybody help. PLEASE?????

liegeard_philip
Not applicable
Before buying Dat72Usb I consulted HP HCL ! After several installations under W2K srv and W3K srv !!! I note that the DAT is not recognized by BE V10.
hpdat.sys is the right level (1.5.3.1)
Sorry but if you ave a solution thank

Erik_Alander
Not applicable
Same problem at my place. Windows 2003 Server finds the HP Storageworks DAT 72 USB just fine but backupexec 9.1 refuses to find it. I�ve done all the checking Veritas says and everything checks out. Come on, this product are supposed to be tested! There must be a sollution!