BackupExec can't read some items!

Snooze
Level 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

DR0701
Level 5
Hi Snooze

You can turn AOFO on and off per job - if you double-click on the job in Job Setup, on the left-hand side of the window that opens, about halfway down there's a section titled "Advanced Open File" - if you click on that, you'll see the options on the right-hand side.

It may be that the other databases are being backed up OK because they're not being accessed at the time, but your antivirus files and other database file are in use.

We've all been newbies at Backup Exec at one time, and it can be a bit of an unwieldy beast to use to begin with - stick at it!

Best of luck

Doug.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

DR0701
Level 5
Can you supply any more information, other than your title?  Which items can't it read, i.e. tapes, catalogs, etc.?

Snooze
Level 3
Sry for my post before :D

Ok here is my problem:

We use BackupExec 12.5 on SBS 2003 and all work fine. But BackupExec isn't able to save some items i think because the Backup gets finished with some exceptions like winstmp.mdb.

How can i solve this problem?

Thanks

Snooze

DR0701
Level 5
So the backups are working, but the job is reporting some exceptions, is that right?

Are you using the Advanced Open File Option?

Snooze
Level 3
Yes thats right.

I think that AOFO is on because other items like some DB's can be saved, too.

But i will have a look at it ok? I am new at it so can u describe where this option is to turn on?

The other items that cant be saved are from our Antivirus System fidbox.dat, fidbox2.dat.

DR0701
Level 5
Hi Snooze

You can turn AOFO on and off per job - if you double-click on the job in Job Setup, on the left-hand side of the window that opens, about halfway down there's a section titled "Advanced Open File" - if you click on that, you'll see the options on the right-hand side.

It may be that the other databases are being backed up OK because they're not being accessed at the time, but your antivirus files and other database file are in use.

We've all been newbies at Backup Exec at one time, and it can be a bit of an unwieldy beast to use to begin with - stick at it!

Best of luck

Doug.

Snooze
Level 3
Thanks for your answers i think that will solve the problem.

We only used the Assistent to make a Backup Job aswell and didn't see anythink like AOFO there :)

Best Greetings

Snooze