cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BackupExec2010R3 on a domaincontroller (server2008r2)

schedlbauerm
Level 3

I've installed BackupExec 2010 R3 on a physical Server 2008R2 machine. At the moment everything works.

Now I want to make this server a domaincontroller.

Is this supported with BackupExec 2010 R3 already installed ?

Can there be problems in the future when the BackupExecServer is a domaincontroller at the same time ?

Kind regards,

Martin Schedlbauer

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi Martin,

The main thing is that you obviously don't have local groups on the DC. That said, DCPROMO'ing that server should do nothing to BE as long as the BESA account is already running under a domain admin account at a minimum. If not, create 1 and change the BESA account to the new domain account using BEutility.exe.

If it is, simply DCPROMO the server to being a DC. I have numerous all-in-one servers acting as file/print/Exchange/DC servers with no hassles.

THanks!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi Martin,

The main thing is that you obviously don't have local groups on the DC. That said, DCPROMO'ing that server should do nothing to BE as long as the BESA account is already running under a domain admin account at a minimum. If not, create 1 and change the BESA account to the new domain account using BEutility.exe.

If it is, simply DCPROMO the server to being a DC. I have numerous all-in-one servers acting as file/print/Exchange/DC servers with no hassles.

THanks!