cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backupexec 2010 unable to backup SAN volume

hansenjr
Level 2

Hi, I'm tyring to backup SAN volumes and under user defined selections only the local C/D drives are displayed.  If I use an older agent on the remote servers I can see the SAN volumes fine.  Anyone know what might be causing this issue?  I also tried Backupexec 2010 R2 and I have the same problem. 

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4

JoaoMatos
Level 6
Partner

Hi,

At first sight, and not knowing your SAN topology, it seems to be an incompatibility between the agents and drives/San HW. 

May be you need a firmware upgrade, new drives...

Check HCL

Regards,

JoaoMatos

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi,

I disagree...the agent is not dependent on drives or a SAN. It is dependent on the OS yes...and it would then see what is under that particular server! A SAN's drives won't be shown on the HCL, as they are seen as being local by BE.

I wouldn't bother upgrading firmware/drives (<-- cost...!!!).

Hans: Can I recommend upgrading BE 2010 R2 to the latest patches when you install it, and then push those patches out to the remote server in question? Also just make sure that the BE 2010 R2 RAWS agent is started on that server, and that nothing is potentially blocking communication between it and the media server.

Thanks!

RahulG
Level 6
Employee

I have seen such issue where in if the Cluster service was not configured properly and was running as a separate process...which had caused the SAN volume to not show up in the selection.

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi Hans,

Did you ever come right here?

Thanks!