cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backuping BE for Windows Small Business Server 9.1 from 11d Server?

J_rg_Ohnheiser
Level 2
We having an old for Backup Exec Windows for Small Business Server 9.1 with some agents and planing to upgrade to 11d.

Could we backup the old Backup Exec for Windows Small Business Server 9.1 from Backup Exec for Windows Server 11d ?

Or must we update the Backup Exec Windows for Small Business Server 9.1 to 11d ?
If the answer is yes: Can I backup the Exchange and SQL Databases on the Small Business Server(with installed Backup Exec for Windows Small Business Server 11d) through Backup Exec for Windows Server 11d , or must I install agents on the Small Business Server?
4 REPLIES 4

shweta_rege
Level 6
Hello,

After you upgrade to 11d from 9.1 all the Job settings are automatically copied. You just need the Upgrade Licenses and the licenses for the Exchange and Sal Databases..

Thank You.

Shweta

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
If you mean you will be installing a new machine with v11 on it, yes it can backup another box with SBS on it, but you will need to turn off all of the v9.1 Backupexec services first, you will also need a SQL and and Exchange serial

Asma_Tamboli
Level 6
Hello,

Are you planning to upgrade to 11d on the same machine that runs 9.1 at the moment? If yes, you would simply need to update the Backup Exec for SBS license, you need not backup 9.1 from 11d, since it will be an upgrade!

If we have wrongly understood the question, could you please explain the query?

Thanks!

J_rg_Ohnheiser
Level 2
Asma you've understood my question perfectly. I think we're upgrading only the SBS license and the agents. Many Thanxs also to Ken you've help me alot.Message was edited by:
J�rg Ohnheiser