cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backups delayed due to intellegent diaster recovery wizard

SGD
Level 2

I ahve never seen this before and it is making my backups take twice as long as they should. I have been looking around in the software and I don't see anything about this. I'm sure this is something simple but I have no idea what I need to do to make this go away. Please advise.

Thanks

Stuart

4 REPLIES 4

pkh
   VIP    Certified

The IDR Wizard is used to create the IDR bootable ISO image.  It has no role to play during a backup.  What makes you think that it is affecting your backup?

SGD
Level 2

And now the backups that used to be finished by 6 am are now still running passed lunch time. There is not much data grow to justify the time needed to backup the data. Every server that is backed up is now having this message in the alerts window and nothing has changed. I am rather confused why this is all in sudden being reported by the software.

On further investigation I am finding that my bacup speeds have dropped drastically. When backups were good I was backing up at 1,303.00 mb/min ever since this issue I am now backing up at 343.00 mb/min.  Now its time to see what is causing this tape/loader or a combination of both.

sbora
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Can you paste the exact message from the alert that you are getting or the screenshot of the alert please?

pkh
   VIP    Certified

I think you are talking about an informational alert which says, "It is recommended that you rerun the Intelligent Disaster Recovery Preparation Wizard and select "Copy - Disaster recovery information (.dr) files" option, to back up your disaster recovery information (.dr) file.".  This alert is normal when you turn on the IDR option and it is a reminder to update your IDR bootable ISO image with the latest .dr file.  This will not slow down your backup.

You got to expand your joblog and check which resource is slowing you down and troubleshoot what is causing the slowdown.  For disks, check that the disk is not fragmented.  This is applicable to a disk source or a disk destination where you define yoru B2D folder.