cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backups failing with authentication problems. Server 11d.

Gavin_Callard
Level 2
Hi

Due to an admin error, we accidentally deleted the service account we used for Backup Exec. We made a new account and updated the services to use it.

Since then, almost all our jobs have been failing.

If I run the just as a test job, check authentication only, everything looks OK. But the job when run properly failed in almost all accounts. I've tried replacing the account used in some selection lists, but it doesn't seem to make any difference. Jobs end with:

"Access is denied to Remote Agent.  Check the login account for the specified device.*

Link to v-79-57344-65065 is provided by the relevant job log.

Any help greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Gavin.
2 REPLIES 2

bboerst
Level 4
It is possible to specifiy a login account for the actual "Backup Exec Remote Agent for Windows Servers" service on your remote machines.  Log into one of the remote machines that is failing and go into services and check to see what user account is being used for the service.
You could just try restarting the "Backup Exec Remote Agent for Windows Servers" service on the remote machine and see if it restarts successfully.

Gavin_Callard
Level 2
Hi

I had a go at restarting the services and checked the account. The machines being backed up are using the local system account. I ran another backup after restarting, but it fails the same way as before.

Thanks for the suggestion though.

Gavin.