cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backups not running

t_harding
Level 2

Hi,

We are using Backup Exec 10.0 to back up Windows 2008 servers to a NetApp FAS270.  All of our servers except one are working successfully; when I look at the job log for the failing server I see the following four messages that appear to be errors.  I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the agent on the client server, but no joy.  Any suggestions? 

Here are the errors:

1. Func(backup_): Exception (the unique-id({7fffffff}) is used 3 times by sssnap in BACKUP response

2. APPH backup request failed with exception: 21001

3. Exception: com.syncsort.bex.db.JobDefException: Application info not available

4. Job definition resolution for node(xxxxxxxx) failed with exception: com.syncsort.bex.db.JobDefException: Application info not available

4 REPLIES 4

Siddhant_Saini
Level 6
Accredited Certified

Backup Exec 10.0 did not support Windows Server 2008. It supported OS's between Windows Server 2000 to Windows Server 2003 (SP1). 

I still tried to locate details based on the error messages mentioned but was unable to find much. Could you please attach the Job Log associated to it? 

t_harding
Level 2

I will get a copy of it.  Due to our environment it will probably take some time to gather, but I do appreciate your response.

t_harding
Level 2

One other note, I misspoke.  We are using Windows Server 2003, not sure which SP.  I don't have direct access to the server, hence my lack of certainty regarding the SP.

Siddhant_Saini
Level 6
Accredited Certified

No problem. I'll try to find out as much as possible about the issue. 

Note: Support for Backup Exec is from version BE11d to BE2012. As such, finding solutions associated to Backup Exec 10.0 may take some time.