cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Beremote consuming large amount of memory.

NetworkGuy
Level 3
Has anyone else seen where beremote.exe consumes over 1GB of memory especially on Domain Controllers. I have several Windows 2003 DCs and one Windows 2008 DC and both are exhibiting memory issues when being backed up. I have to restart the beremote service to release the memory.

Backup- \\servername\C: SystemDirectory \\servername\C:\Windows\SYSVOL\sysvol\domain.org\DO_NOT_REMOVE_NtFrs_PreInstall_Directory was not found, or could not be accessed.
None of the files or subdirectories contained within will be backed up.
Insufficient memory available.
V-79-57344-33858 - A memory allocation request failed. The computer may be running low on virtual memory.
V-79-57344-33858 - A memory allocation request failed. The computer may be running low on virtual memory.
V-79-57344-34110 - AOFO: Initialization failure on: "Shadow?Copy?Components". Advanced Open File Option used: Microsoft Volume Shadow Copy Service (VSS).
Snapshot provider reports "Out of memory".
V-79-57344-34110 - AOFO: Initialization failure on: "System?State". Advanced Open File Option used: Microsoft Volume Shadow Copy Service (VSS).
Snapshot provider reports "Out of memory".
5 REPLIES 5

rss425
Not applicable
I do, however, it is on a workstation. Do you or anyone else know how to fix this problem other than rebooting or just not using backup exec at all??

fwolf
Level 4
Hello everybody,

have you found any solution to this problem yet?

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
(You didn't mention your version or build)

You can go to the knowledge base search page at

enter "Remote Agent Memory Leak" as the search target, then filter for your Version

and see if anything rings a bell

fwolf
Level 4
Sorry Ken.

We use Version 12.5 Rev. 2213 with SP2.

I found the following article: http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/337202.htm

I'll install SP3 and try again.

fwolf
Level 4
Hello again.

I tried the SP3 and it's the same like before.

But there is stillt the problem with Active Directory servers. They are always running out of memory.
Is there any solution for this problem? Is this problem solved with the new version 2010?