cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Beremote crashes with event ID 1000

Gil_Dachler
Level 3

Hi,

for the second time my backup job did not succeed because of crashing beremote.exe. The exact error message in application protocoll  is:

Source: Application error
Event ID: 1000
Description: Faulting application beremote.exe, Version 12.0.1364.122, faulting modul msvcr80.dll, Version 8.0.50727.3053, fault offset 0x00015148.

The job protocol itself states a lot of errors:

- Database server does not react, backup cancelled
- Connection to target system was lost, backup set cancelled
- Media server could not establish connection to remote agent on SERVER1

(These messages were translated by myself into english.)

Hard- and software environment is the following:

SBS 2003 Standard Server named SERVER1 with BE 12.5 and VXA-2 SCSI tape streamer, no other server or "remote system" is involved. 

Could someone from Symantec please help? I could not find a solution up to now, although something similar was already posted somewhere at symantec forum.

Thanks in advance,
Gil

Edit:
The last action BE seems to execute regarding to backup protocol is to backup itself ("SERVER1\BACKUPEXEC"). Next to this entry in backup protocol comes "Y-79-57344--65072: Database server does not react, backup cancelled". In system protocol of the server there is five seconds after error 1000 an error 318 caused by SQLAgent$SBSMonitoring service.

3 REPLIES 3

Gil_Dachler
Level 3
 Backup job failed again. Being without backup on a clients system for two days now I really have a problem. I deactivated AOFO, as it is said somewhere else in this forum. I do not really know what outcome this has, so I have to see and to hope.

Gil_Dachler
Level 3
As expected after deactivating AOFO the backup job failed again, allthough with different errors. Now it states as "exceptions":

C:\WINDOWS\system32\dhcp\tmp.edb could not be read - ignored
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wins\winstmp.mdb could not be read - ignored.
Backup- Shadow?Copy?Components  - VSS Writer-file system
.DR-file has not been updatet.
Backup- System?State System?State
.DR-file has not been updatet.

(all translated from german into english by myself)

The risk of using Backup Exec is no longer tenable to me. I'm not able to invest that much time to understand my backup software, I don't want to understand it - it is expensive enough so that I expect it just to do what it is supposed to do. I have to manually backup a client's system because I'm without backup for three days now! I really would appreciate if someone could tell me about his backup experiences and perhaps recommend some different product for a reliable and simple backup of a SBS Server and all of its files, exchange databases and sql databases?

Thanks,
Gil

Edit:
I forgot the databases of the order management software, which cannot be backed up without AOFO. So we have to conclude finally: Backup Exec is not able to backup a complete Windows Server.

procredit
Not applicable
Hello,

I have the same problem:.

The system I backup is a cluster of two servers with Windows Server Enterprise 2008  x64 and SQL Server 2008.

The only thing I backup are the databases. Not system state or files.

My systems are up-to-date with patches from Microsoft . I reinstalled the client of backup exec.

There is a sollution for that error?    ...or I have to try another backup software?

Faulting application beremote.exe, version 12.0.1364.122, time stamp 0x4857dea2, faulting module kernel32.dll, version 6.0.6002.18005, time stamp 0x49e041d1, exception code 0xe06d7363, fault offset 0x00000000000176fd, process id 0xad8, application start time 0x01caa5afb397e615.