cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Beremote.exe account lockout

JDaguio
Level 2

Hello all,

I have been recently seeing account lockout events in the Event Logs on a Windows 2008 Server that is the Symantec BackupExec media server running BackupExec 2010 R3. Backups and restores have been happening fine.

My setup:

Media server: Windows 2008 Server R2

Remote agents installed: 5 x Windows 2008 Server R2

Now, the media server is not part of the network domain that some of the servers are in, but that should not be the problem. None of the usernames or passwords have changed, so I don't know the reason I am getting these account lockout errors. The account in question is the domain administrator account - an account that is not even part of the Media Server, so it is not really locking anything out! :)

Here are some snips of the error messages that I am seeing about 5-10 times a day for the past week:

Account lockout detected:
AU setting next featured software notification timeout to 2012-01-19 16:03:29

AU setting next detection timeout to 2012-01-19 16:03:29

AU Refresh required....

# Auto-install minor updates: No (User preference)

Has anyone seen this before, and more importantly, how do you fix it? Thanks in advance for any help provided.

Regards,

JC

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

pkh
   VIP    Certified

Are you using BE to backup the media server itself?  The BELA is a domain admin account of a domain which the media server is not part of, so the BELA may not have the necessary authority to backup the media server.  You would have to give the necessary permissions to the domain admin account to backup the media server.

Things would be much easier if the media server is part of the domain.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

pkh
   VIP    Certified

Are you using BE to backup the media server itself?  The BELA is a domain admin account of a domain which the media server is not part of, so the BELA may not have the necessary authority to backup the media server.  You would have to give the necessary permissions to the domain admin account to backup the media server.

Things would be much easier if the media server is part of the domain.

JDaguio
Level 2

I've setup the network logon accounts, and the backups are working and completing properly on all servers in the domain as well as on the servers not in the domain - the backups are not the problem.

The Windows Event Logs on the media server are being filled with the account lockout events.