cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Beutility doesn't copy the Backup-to-Disk Folder

Vasco_Castro
Level 3
I used the Beutility to copy media server configuration from one server to another. All the jobs where copied sucessfully execpt the Backup-to-Disk Folders. How can a recreate the Backup-to-Disk Folders that are in the original media server to the new media server?

Thanks
5 REPLIES 5

priya_khire
Level 6
Hello,

Are all the setttings properly migrated? Are the backup to disk folders not at all migrated or are they offline?

Try recreating them.

Vasco_Castro
Level 3
I don't understand the meaning "Are all the setttings properly migrated?". I used the "Copy Media Server Configuration" feature to transfer the information for the new media server. Should I do any more steps to transfer the Media Server in a such way that at the end I have an exactly copy of the old media server? Could you point out a technical article where is described how to fully transfer a media server?

Thanks,
Vasco

priya_khire
Level 6
Hello,

After using the option copy media server configuration, had you applied the copied media server configuration to the new media server?

If not, refer to the following

How to copy media server configuration to a file and apply the copied media server configuration
http://support.veritas.com/docs/274778

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
BEUTIL only migrates BackupExec configuration settings, not any data (only the info in the BEDB.MDF database)

You also need to copy any B2D Folders as well as the directory containing the job logs and the catalogs folder to see them on the new server

I know I've seen a tech note about migrating v10, but the new search engine SUCKS

Hey Veritas give me the old Keyword Search Back - Please

any way -

see http://support.veritas.com/docs/260054 for the v9.x instructions. They should be pretty easy to apply to v10Message was edited by:
Ken Putnam

padmaja_rajopad
Level 6
Hi,

Copy media server configuration copies just the following information:

- Jobs, including backup, restore, and report jobs.
-Policies, templates and selection lists
- Logon information
- Media sets
- Other information such as job defaults, error handling rules, alert configuration and
default schedule data.

Regards
Padmaja