cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Big Problem

ray__frost
Not applicable
Hello my name is Ray Frost I work for a small Police Dept. My server died, I was running veritas 8.0 on nt. I tried to get hold of the company that installed the equipment but they or no longer in business,Taken the only copy of the software with them. I have taken the Tape back up out of the server and placed it into one of the desktops running xp, My question if I download veritus trial software will it run on xp and will it recover doc. I saved on tape using 8.0. I plan on buying a new server but these doc. are time sensitive Thanks
3 REPLIES 3

tejashree_Bhate
Level 6
Hello,

Yes you would be able to restore data backed up using ver 8.0 ,however you need to uncheck the option use storage media based catalogs while cataloging

Thanks,

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.

anoop_nair
Level 4
Hi,

Basically all versions of BE write data on to the tape in "Microsoft Tape Format(MTF). So, it does not matter which version u have used to take the backup. You can restore with any other available version.

Madhuri_Shenoy
Level 6
Hello Ray,

Please update us on the issue. Have you tried the restore as per the previous reply? What was the outcome?

Thanks!

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked ‘assumed answered’ and would be moved to ‘answered questions’ pool.